Red Marker is committed to protecting your privacy and will comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). This policy explains how we collect, use, hold and disclose your personal information to provide our products and services, and how we ensure it is accurate and secure. Any terms in capitals have the same meaning as in our Artemis Beta Release Terms and Conditions of Subscription.
What is personal information?
Personal information is information or opinions about you that could identify you.
What kinds of personal information do we collect and hold?
We collect personal information (such as registration and account information) from our customers and users of our products and services. If you do not provide us with the information we ask for, we may not be able to deliver our products and services effectively or at all.
How do we use your information?
We use your personal information to provide our products and services to you including the following:
- To establish your identity when you login to our products or services
- To process Digital Content generated, requested or published in accordance with instructions our customers and users give to us through our products and services
- To enable us to operate our products and services and provide them to you
- To better understand your needs and the needs of users in the aggregate, diagnose problems, analyse trends, improve the features and usability of our products or services and better understand and market to our customers and users
- To tell you about products and services offered by us that we believe may interest you - unless you ask us not to
- To comply with our legal obligations and assist government and law enforcement agencies or regulators
How do we collect personal information?
We collect most personal information directly from you, e.g. when you use our products or services or talk to us in person or on the phone.
Sometimes we collect information about you from others. We will generally only do this with your consent.
We may also collect information about you that is publicly available, for example from public registers or social media, or made available by third parties.
If we need to obtain sensitive information about you, we will ask for your consent where required by law.
We also collect information from you electronically. If you log into our website we may collect information from you to confirm your identity. So that we can better tailor information and products to your needs, when we send you email messages, we may use technology to identify you so that we can know when you have opened the email or clicked on a particular link in the email.
When you use our website, we may collect information about your location or activity. Some of this information is collected using cookies.
How do we hold and manage personal information?
Much of the information we hold about you will be stored electronically in secure data centres located in Australia owned by either Red Marker or our external service providers. Some of your information will be stored in paper files.
We use a range of physical and electronic security measures to protect the security of the personal information we hold.
Disclosure of personal information?
We may disclose your personal information to organisations external to Red Marker. This includes:
- Your advisers, agents and service providers and anyone to whom you have agreed we may provide your information
- Other organisations who provide products or services to you jointly with us, or who we believe can offer services that will be of use to you
- Prospective partners or advertisers with whom we may share aggregate (non-identifiable) statistics about users of our products and services
- Our legal advisers, accountants, auditors and any other agents, contractors or external service providers
- Where we are required or permitted to do so by law
Do we disclose personal information overseas?
We may disclose your personal information to recipients located outside Australia including to Red Marker service providers which are likely to be located outside of Australia (for example, in the United States and Europe).
Accessing, updating and correcting your information
You can ask for access to the personal information we hold about you. You can also ask for corrections to be made. We may charge you for any reasonable costs incurred by us to access your personal information.
There is no fee for correcting your personal information. If we disagree that your information should be corrected, we will tell you why in writing.We can deny or limit access to your personal information if we cannot identify you, the information relates to commercially sensitive or privileged material, or if your request is vexatious. Whatever the outcome, we'll write to you explaining our decision.
If you are concerned about how your personal information is being handled or if you have a complaint about a breach by us of the Privacy Act, you can contact us on:
Level 4, 45 Clarence St
Sydney, New South Wales 2000
+61 2 9908 0200